We believe that young children learn best through their interactions with their environment, by exploring, experimenting, touching, building and doing thing by and for themselves.
Our Pre-K program is designed to prepare your child for the challenges of Kindergarten.
The learning starts with a daily morning message that children read and continues with small and large group learning experiences and engaging story times. The fun and learning only stop when you pick up your child and head home for some well deserved family time.
The nationally recognized Creative Curriculum is weaved into the folds of our Program offering fun educational experiences in language, math, science, social studies, music and art. This research based curriculum builds on your child’s individual interests to plan lessons that are relevant and engaging. Our Continuous Comprehensive Curriculum helps your child’s teacher measure success and set goals to ensure a successful transition into Kindergarten.
Our curriculum uses high quality children’s literature to teach important literacy concepts, including phonemic and phonetic awareness, letter recognition, and writing.
The program builds character as children explore character traits such as responsibility, patience, creativity, and respect.
Our Pre-K Features
Proprietary Hybrid International Curriculum Supplemented with Nationally mandated Pre-K curriculum.
Our curriculum is designed to be developmentally responsive.
- Our classrooms are purposefully prepared environments, with stimulating material and child –sized furniture and equipment.
- All learning is hands-on and experimental, with specially designed Montessori material for math, language. Sensorial explorations, practical life activities, art , science and geography.
- We encourage students to explore, discover and use their imaginations.
- At Maple Lawn, the process is more important that the product.
- Our comprehensive preschool and kindergarten curriculum provides a solid foundation for elementary school.
- Making choices and using coordinated movements to accomplish tasks leads the child towards self regulations and self control.
- Through their Montessori work, children develop strong observation and problem solving skills.
- Students who aster Maple Lawn’s Hybrid International curriculum are extremely well prepared for the academic, physical and social work of first grade.
Culture of Creativity
“Culture of Creativity” permeates every classroom. Creativity and creative problem solving are integral parts of daily life at all grade levels. In our academic curriculum we challenge our students to become problem solvers and creative thinkers by constantly asking them:
- To take risks.
- To take another look at things they already know.
- To find unique ways to present their knowledge to others.
- We emphasize on energizing group centered, cooperative, social, open ended, spiral, an expressive process, new age, flexible, spontaneous, serendipitous, open movement, fluid, freely expressive.
- The classroom walls are filled with documents of the children’s explorations and experiences photos, conversations and visual expressions; the walls of the environment are used as a tool of reflection and revisiting by the children, parents and teachers.